I’m Christine :].
If you’re visiting this site, then I have successfully narrowed down what I’d like to blog about… [OR] perhaps you just so happened to accidentally stumble upon this little chunk of tangents. (if so, I PROMISE I am actively working on figuring it all out hah!)
Initially, I just wanted to start a blog in order to find a way to keep track of the various things I’ve started trying to do while seeking harmony, or balance, in my life. Some of these things involve cooking, exercising, eating healthy (hopefully because I’m cooking healthy foods), and generally trying to do things that promote a general sense of happiness in my life and the life of those around me. Hopefully, my little adventures will, at some point, help or at least entertain others :].
Here’s a list of 25 things About Me:
- I’m 25 years old (25 things and 25 years old…I know, a both clever and original concept)
- I love food and I will eat anything once. I mean it, really. You can try me anytime.
- I lived in Plano, Texas for the first 20 years of my life…where, as of 2010, 66.9% of the resident population is made up of caucasians (why does saying “white” feel rude to me?)
- My mom currently lives in Monterey Park, California… where, as of 2010, 66.9% of the resident population is made up of asian americans. Whoa. Those numbers were a shock to me too.
- Being long-winded has been a serious problem for me in life. Working on it.
- Marrying my husband was one of the best decisions of my life.
- I’m not competitive, but sometimes I need to be.
- I get a really intense kind of grumpy when I’m hungry. or hot.
- My dog, Jack, is pretty much the only reason I Instagram. Ever.
- I laugh more watching sitcom bloopers than during the actual shows.
- My favorite number is 11.
- I’ve lived in 17 different buildings in my life. 14 of those were in the past 7 years.
- I’m 5’6 and Chinese. My husband is 6′ and Irish/English/Scottish/German.
- I speak 4 languages: 2 fluently, and 2 sort-of-kind-of.
- I tend to be an open book, which can be truly unfortunate.
- If I don’t have anything good to say to you, I try to say something neutral.
- Taking 3 years off of college in order to work and support myself has somehow put me 4 years behind graduating.
- If I hadn’t chosen to be a music major, I would’ve chosen Psychology or something else equally useful.
- I am a soprano.
- I was clinically depressed for most, if not all, of my adolescence. Working and continuing to work through my issues has truly made me who I am today.
- Sometimes, I say that I don’t care what other people think so much that it takes me by surprise when it does.
- I used to believe and tell myself that I don’t hold grudges, but the same thing happens with this concept as in #21.
- I ran over a bird once, when I was 19. I laughed and then I cried.
- I dislike cleaning, but I LOVE organizing.
- It took me 44 minutes to write this “About Me” page.